It is important that you go through this blog till the end to get the true essence of the analogy I am giving here under:
The word resonance has many definitions in various scientific subjects, but I am taking the definition of resonance in electronics for this blog.
Resonance is the condition of a circuit with respect to a given frequency or the like in which the net reactance is zero and the current flow a maximum. The characteristic of a capacitor is that it allows current to pass through it, whereas an inductor resists the flow of current through it. When these two components are connected in series in a circuit there is then maximum alternating current whilst in a parallel circuit there is minimum alternating current.
When a pebble is thrown into water, it creates ripples in it. The first ripple is the largest in size but continues to reduce to a minimum with the passage of time. If we make an analogy of pebble as inductor and water as capacitor, then it is water which has the capacity to absorb the ripples created by the pebble.
Similarly, when an idea is circulated between two people, one having knowledge and the other an ignorant. The idea will create jolts in the minds of both of them. The idea will have more acceptance with the person having knowledge, whereas it will be resisted by the one who is ignorant.
So people with knowledge have the characteristic of a capacitor, while ignorants behave like an inductor. If both agree to the idea, creating ripples in their mind, after due deliberations, the disagreement among them, will subside with the passage of time, and they both will resonate through knowledge thus acquired.
In electronics again there is a term called ‘Harmonics’ which is defined as under: A harmonic is a signal or wave whose frequency is an integral (whole-number) multiple of the frequency of some reference signal or wave. The term can also refer to the ratio of the frequency of such a signal or wave to the frequency of the reference signal or wave.
Harmonics are created in resonance as well, which when linked with human behavior will give you an amazing thought. The thought (signal) of a teacher can be taken as reference frequency and that of a student as frequency thus generated.
If the outcome of such a ratio is less than one then the student (generated frequency is higher, and it will take some time to subside) is trying to get hold of the thought of the teacher and if the ratio is greater than 1, then the student has surpassed the teacher’s thought (out of the four mind frequencies).
There are four brainwaves, a human goes through during a 24 hour day (while reviewing this blog, I came across yet another brainwave called Gamma Waves (γ), included here is the link for details, if you want to read Omharmonics.
A man is more thoughtful and creative at the lower frequencies i.e. between alpha (α= 7-14 Hz) and theta (θ=4-7 Hz)) and that’s how the student(s) get inspired by the teacher and inspiration helps them move ahead of the teacher, to lead the world.
Though the discovery of Gamma Waves (γ) is not directly linked with the topic under discussion, but just for the sake of sharing valuable information available at Omharmonics, there you go.
The benefits of producing the gamma frequency are:
- Increased memory recall (the 40 Hz frequency is known to regulate memory processing); people with high gamma activity have exceptionally vivid and rapid memory recall.
- Increased sensory perception. Senses are heightened when the brain produces gamma waves. Food tastes better; vision and hearing sharpen; sense of smell becomes more powerful; and your brain becomes far more sensitive to all sensory input.
- This makes for a much richer sensory experience and a better perception of reality.
- Increased focus; but this enhanced focus is not necessarily aimed at one individual object or task.
- In the gamma state, your brain is able to process all sensory information faster and more fully with greater sensitivity; and combine the whole scenario into a highly memorable experience.
- People with high gamma activity can recall everything about any memorable event – the food they ate, the music they heard, the conversations, the names of people they met, the air temperature, etc.
- One of the most remarkable properties of the gamma state is the processing speed: the brain is able to process incredible amounts of information very quickly, remember it, and retrieve that memory later.
- People with high gamma activity are naturally happier, calmer and more at peace. This is Nature’s best anti-depressant (people suffering from depression typically have very low gamma activity).
- Gamma waves are present during REM sleep and visualization.
- Compassion comes from a feeling of one-ness with all creation. This is the “feeling of blessings” and ecstasy that accompanies high levels of gamma brainwave activity.